Crafting is an interesting hobby. It makes you feel good of yourself. Many ask me how and from where you learned to make these crafts. I believe that crafting doesn’t come just by learning. Of course you get a clue of doing things but, a final master piece can be achieved only when you add your imagination and creativity to it. I do see and follow the illustrations that come in magazines. For people like me who always try to visualize anything and everything they hear crafting comes easier that’s it.
The process I follow to create an art piece is the thought of gifting some one, making note of things they like, the visualization of how they react when they see this gift, then only the actual process of crafting comes.
Many at times I’ve landed in creating pieces which I never had in mind. This might go with the saying “Pillayar pidika kuranga vantha kathai” (please we’ll ignore the actual meaning of the saying for the time being). Once I thought of creating a jewel box and landed up in making a stationery box due to the fact that I made a bigger box than I imagined. The most interesting piece was when I wanted to create chairs and sofas out of ice-cream stick but landed up in an “Oonjal”. I don’t know whether the chair would have been nice but the Oonjal was really very cute. There are numerous projects which I started and still not finished for want of the right occasion to gift others.
Once I wanted to tryout new kind of box, to store some jewel out of newspapers. The project involved rolling the papers and sticking together to form a box. First I started rolling using a thin roller, slowly grew lazy, rolling with a thick sketch pen. But to my surprise the box came out very cute. Nobody could identify the raw material I used for it. I was forced to gift it to my colleague who, greatly impressed by it didn’t even mind snatching from me. To keep up my image of tolerance I smiled and said take it “with pleasure” (?). It gives me immense pleasure when I see my gifts adding beauty to my colleagues’ worktables.
That was the lighter side of crafting. Actually speaking crafting is a not a time passing activity. It improves the concentration power, relieves stress and gives a sense of satisfaction (when the piece is in some shape!!). Every craft that I’ve made has its own stories to tell. My emotions actually pacifies in to a pleasant calm mood no matter how strong was the emotion. The art of crafting is really wonderful can only be felt. So people lets go crafting…….
The process I follow to create an art piece is the thought of gifting some one, making note of things they like, the visualization of how they react when they see this gift, then only the actual process of crafting comes.
Many at times I’ve landed in creating pieces which I never had in mind. This might go with the saying “Pillayar pidika kuranga vantha kathai” (please we’ll ignore the actual meaning of the saying for the time being). Once I thought of creating a jewel box and landed up in making a stationery box due to the fact that I made a bigger box than I imagined. The most interesting piece was when I wanted to create chairs and sofas out of ice-cream stick but landed up in an “Oonjal”. I don’t know whether the chair would have been nice but the Oonjal was really very cute. There are numerous projects which I started and still not finished for want of the right occasion to gift others.
Once I wanted to tryout new kind of box, to store some jewel out of newspapers. The project involved rolling the papers and sticking together to form a box. First I started rolling using a thin roller, slowly grew lazy, rolling with a thick sketch pen. But to my surprise the box came out very cute. Nobody could identify the raw material I used for it. I was forced to gift it to my colleague who, greatly impressed by it didn’t even mind snatching from me. To keep up my image of tolerance I smiled and said take it “with pleasure” (?). It gives me immense pleasure when I see my gifts adding beauty to my colleagues’ worktables.
That was the lighter side of crafting. Actually speaking crafting is a not a time passing activity. It improves the concentration power, relieves stress and gives a sense of satisfaction (when the piece is in some shape!!). Every craft that I’ve made has its own stories to tell. My emotions actually pacifies in to a pleasant calm mood no matter how strong was the emotion. The art of crafting is really wonderful can only be felt. So people lets go crafting…….
1 comment:
Felt like u spoke to me and i didnt read anything! Clap Clap
(One big round of applause. :) :))
Post a Comment