“Amma, get up it’s already 6.00” my daughter woke me up. What? Not again. I’ve got up late today also. I’ll have to cook and make them ready. My daughter would have done one fourth of my work early in the morning. I thanked god for at least I have someone to help me.
I refreshed myself and prepared morning drink for my family. “I feel good only when I drink cup of tea prepared my darling” this is my husband, as if he never has tea outside. My son will not get up until his cup of milk is given. I went near his bed and called him, “thambhi…….” I was shocked as he stood up in the first call itself. He took the cup from me murmuring something. “What? What did u tell now?” “Easwari……..mmm…..nothing ma”. It looked as if he is trying to hide something from me.
I switched on the radio to change my bad mood. The moment I increased the volume, my son ran to the hall and started humming……”Easwari unna kalyaanam pannika aasapadarain” He always does this with the songs he like. But there is something really fishy in this……. I went to the kitchen continuing my thoughts at a slower pace. Lunch is packed in the boxes, half my task is accomplished. Something flashed in my mind…..yes my son was murmuring Easwari.when I gave him glass of milk.
What happened to my son? I was aware that my son had girlfriends, a list of hardly five girls. He had never mentioned this name before. Who could that be? Should I ask him? No he gets irritated when he smells a slightest disbelief in our minds and starts shouting. No. I cannot make him feel bad. Then?
Shall I ask my elder daughter? Nowadays he had started speaking more to her. They always giggle, pull each other legs, and sometimes even beat each other. I was surprised at the first time when they started talking smoothly as they’ve never been like this before. None of their tastes match. Might be she can explain this. I went to my daughter, who started laughing at my doubt. My goodness, what happened to this obedient daughter? “Amma to my opinion, he has only friends and not girl friends”
I went to office heavy hearted wanting somebody to give me a solution to this problem. During the lunch time as usual everybody started complaining about their kids. I never take part in such conversations as I really don’t want to let my children down. One colleague was complaining about her daughter engaged in phone always, other was complaining about her son getting phone calls from girl friends, etc. As I had the same problem, I sharpened my ears. Sharmi asked “how can you conclude that your boy is in love when he is getting just phone calls?” Girija told, “He is getting calls from the same girl”. “What? From the same girl?” this was Poornima, whose son got married recently to his lover. “I tell you, there should not even a bit of carelessness in this aspect. You will have an alert all the time if you really want your son to be yours?” Though I didn’t understand the link between a love marriage and the son departing with her, I concentrated in her words as I am in dire need of an advice. “Is your son talking to himself very often? Girija nodded her head a fast as she could. “Is he murmuring songs? Does he go out to attend calls? Does he see the mobile as soon as he gets up?” Nodding her head to all of the questions, Girija broke out to a loud cry. I didn’t show my expressions though my blood pressure rose up to its heights. If my son has a love marriage, who will marry me daughters? Oh…….I should somehow resolve this matter.
I went back home with a determined spirit to break my son’s love. My son came back late at 9.00pm. “Where were you so long?” “I went to meet my lover”. “What? When did you start doing this? “Oh amma the day when I saw my Easwari” replied my son in a romantic mood. “Why my son, why?” I almost broke out to cry. He started laughing louder, which made my daughters come out of the bedroom. “What happened amma?” “Ask your brother”. She turned to him he told, “She is worried I might marry Easwari” Everybody started laughing. I was a bit confused am I getting fooled? My elder sister was considerate enough to explain the situation to me. “Amma Easwari is a name that comes in a recent movie. Your lad likes it and is humming that. It has nothing to do with his love. He has only girls as friends and not girl friends” I was not convinced by that. “amma if at all I love a girl, I would first tell it to you, get your permission and then only would marry. It’s my promise ma” My younger daughter told “don’t worry anna, I will help you in your mission”. I was feeling a little guilty as I doubted my son for things which he never had an intention.
”Easwari unna kalyaanam pannika aasapadarain, the song is really nice is n’t it amma?” asked my elder daughter. “you should sing as Easwara and not Easwari” oh not again…
I refreshed myself and prepared morning drink for my family. “I feel good only when I drink cup of tea prepared my darling” this is my husband, as if he never has tea outside. My son will not get up until his cup of milk is given. I went near his bed and called him, “thambhi…….” I was shocked as he stood up in the first call itself. He took the cup from me murmuring something. “What? What did u tell now?” “Easwari……..mmm…..nothing ma”. It looked as if he is trying to hide something from me.
I switched on the radio to change my bad mood. The moment I increased the volume, my son ran to the hall and started humming……”Easwari unna kalyaanam pannika aasapadarain” He always does this with the songs he like. But there is something really fishy in this……. I went to the kitchen continuing my thoughts at a slower pace. Lunch is packed in the boxes, half my task is accomplished. Something flashed in my mind…..yes my son was murmuring Easwari.when I gave him glass of milk.
What happened to my son? I was aware that my son had girlfriends, a list of hardly five girls. He had never mentioned this name before. Who could that be? Should I ask him? No he gets irritated when he smells a slightest disbelief in our minds and starts shouting. No. I cannot make him feel bad. Then?
Shall I ask my elder daughter? Nowadays he had started speaking more to her. They always giggle, pull each other legs, and sometimes even beat each other. I was surprised at the first time when they started talking smoothly as they’ve never been like this before. None of their tastes match. Might be she can explain this. I went to my daughter, who started laughing at my doubt. My goodness, what happened to this obedient daughter? “Amma to my opinion, he has only friends and not girl friends”
I went to office heavy hearted wanting somebody to give me a solution to this problem. During the lunch time as usual everybody started complaining about their kids. I never take part in such conversations as I really don’t want to let my children down. One colleague was complaining about her daughter engaged in phone always, other was complaining about her son getting phone calls from girl friends, etc. As I had the same problem, I sharpened my ears. Sharmi asked “how can you conclude that your boy is in love when he is getting just phone calls?” Girija told, “He is getting calls from the same girl”. “What? From the same girl?” this was Poornima, whose son got married recently to his lover. “I tell you, there should not even a bit of carelessness in this aspect. You will have an alert all the time if you really want your son to be yours?” Though I didn’t understand the link between a love marriage and the son departing with her, I concentrated in her words as I am in dire need of an advice. “Is your son talking to himself very often? Girija nodded her head a fast as she could. “Is he murmuring songs? Does he go out to attend calls? Does he see the mobile as soon as he gets up?” Nodding her head to all of the questions, Girija broke out to a loud cry. I didn’t show my expressions though my blood pressure rose up to its heights. If my son has a love marriage, who will marry me daughters? Oh…….I should somehow resolve this matter.
I went back home with a determined spirit to break my son’s love. My son came back late at 9.00pm. “Where were you so long?” “I went to meet my lover”. “What? When did you start doing this? “Oh amma the day when I saw my Easwari” replied my son in a romantic mood. “Why my son, why?” I almost broke out to cry. He started laughing louder, which made my daughters come out of the bedroom. “What happened amma?” “Ask your brother”. She turned to him he told, “She is worried I might marry Easwari” Everybody started laughing. I was a bit confused am I getting fooled? My elder sister was considerate enough to explain the situation to me. “Amma Easwari is a name that comes in a recent movie. Your lad likes it and is humming that. It has nothing to do with his love. He has only girls as friends and not girl friends” I was not convinced by that. “amma if at all I love a girl, I would first tell it to you, get your permission and then only would marry. It’s my promise ma” My younger daughter told “don’t worry anna, I will help you in your mission”. I was feeling a little guilty as I doubted my son for things which he never had an intention.
”Easwari unna kalyaanam pannika aasapadarain, the song is really nice is n’t it amma?” asked my elder daughter. “you should sing as Easwara and not Easwari” oh not again…
1 comment:
Saradha, even my cousin brother wanted to marry easwari!
Post a Comment