Feeling fresh by the mercy of rain, I thought why can’t I blog about rain? Rain has a good role to play in my life as it always gives immense joy and transfers my mood to the default happy mood. During childhood days, when I was in primary school, the rain gave me pleasure as I would be allowed to wear my cute rain coat! It was very nice in transparent pinkish shade. I loved it because it had two small packets where I can fetch water, pour it and refill again, a little childish but good doing it. When I entered my middle school, I would pray for my dad not to call up to school whether it is working, as if he did that I would not get an opportunity to go in rain…………..How nice it is to play in rain without really making your dress wet……..
During my higher secondary days I would run early to school on hearing that low depression is formed in the Bay of Bengal. Even before my father would start shall I call school? School was in walking distance and I enjoyed going to school on rainy days…….every time it came some how my spirits gets boosted up and I am extremely happy…………..
I used to watch the trees, water dripping from the leaves, the wet walls, small pools and ponds formed on the road. My brother and I used to name those ponds as coffee and tea seeing the color the mud gave to the water. I liked the clear ponds on the road and would step in to it, if possible jump in to it. Seriously speaking, I never minded about the spectacles dripping with water but wished they too had wipers so that I can enjoy the rain to my heart full. I would even prefer to walk without spectacles (to note, I had a high power of -2 in both the eyes) rather to sit and clean them. Trust me the landscape painted by rain looks very cute even with that powerful eyes!!! During my college days when I had to wear a saree too I enjoyed the arrival of rain. The place I studied had a large ground filled with grass and trees at the fences. When I was in class at the time of rain I used long for a peacock to come and dance. It used to happen very often during the rainy days. I still remember the day when I was totally lost watching the Peacock and blabbered to the simplest question my lecturer. Thankfully I was her pet and she asked me what was wrong with me I showed her the wonderful pose of the Peacock and as a result the whole period got exciting watching it. I long for such a scene to happen in front of me.
During my postgraduate classes I enjoyed the other work of rain………the calm and beautiful seascape! My college was near Marina and I had the opportunity of visiting the seashore very often. There was no need for me to bunk classes as I hardly had classes in the evenings. No body should miss Marina during the rainy seasons. The bristling when combined with the hot “Mulaga bajji” would be simply great. We used to have them to the stomach full even it brings tears. Gone are those days’ folks…..
I am now working…….but still I am enjoying rain. My mother still complains me wearing bright dresses during rainy days as she is the one washing my clothes. But she can never understand the pleasure of enjoying the creativity of rain…………The bright clothes look brighter in rain and I want to welcome rain by wearing it. I don’t use black umbrellas as it might convey a wrong meaning that I am mourning for the rain……I don’t want that meaning to be conveyed. People I have sinus, which necessitates me to stay away from rain but I can never do it. I don’t think even for a minute to get drenched in rain except for that matter I might not be able to enjoy the rain again if I fall sick. My parents make it a point that I don’t get wet in rain even for a minute in the fear of cold or fever. So at least to enjoy rain I should come to office. I forgot to mention something……..I’ve got infected with cold and every body doubt whether I am talking through my nose……..But still I am waiting for the next outpour of rain……….
During my higher secondary days I would run early to school on hearing that low depression is formed in the Bay of Bengal. Even before my father would start shall I call school? School was in walking distance and I enjoyed going to school on rainy days…….every time it came some how my spirits gets boosted up and I am extremely happy…………..
I used to watch the trees, water dripping from the leaves, the wet walls, small pools and ponds formed on the road. My brother and I used to name those ponds as coffee and tea seeing the color the mud gave to the water. I liked the clear ponds on the road and would step in to it, if possible jump in to it. Seriously speaking, I never minded about the spectacles dripping with water but wished they too had wipers so that I can enjoy the rain to my heart full. I would even prefer to walk without spectacles (to note, I had a high power of -2 in both the eyes) rather to sit and clean them. Trust me the landscape painted by rain looks very cute even with that powerful eyes!!! During my college days when I had to wear a saree too I enjoyed the arrival of rain. The place I studied had a large ground filled with grass and trees at the fences. When I was in class at the time of rain I used long for a peacock to come and dance. It used to happen very often during the rainy days. I still remember the day when I was totally lost watching the Peacock and blabbered to the simplest question my lecturer. Thankfully I was her pet and she asked me what was wrong with me I showed her the wonderful pose of the Peacock and as a result the whole period got exciting watching it. I long for such a scene to happen in front of me.
During my postgraduate classes I enjoyed the other work of rain………the calm and beautiful seascape! My college was near Marina and I had the opportunity of visiting the seashore very often. There was no need for me to bunk classes as I hardly had classes in the evenings. No body should miss Marina during the rainy seasons. The bristling when combined with the hot “Mulaga bajji” would be simply great. We used to have them to the stomach full even it brings tears. Gone are those days’ folks…..
I am now working…….but still I am enjoying rain. My mother still complains me wearing bright dresses during rainy days as she is the one washing my clothes. But she can never understand the pleasure of enjoying the creativity of rain…………The bright clothes look brighter in rain and I want to welcome rain by wearing it. I don’t use black umbrellas as it might convey a wrong meaning that I am mourning for the rain……I don’t want that meaning to be conveyed. People I have sinus, which necessitates me to stay away from rain but I can never do it. I don’t think even for a minute to get drenched in rain except for that matter I might not be able to enjoy the rain again if I fall sick. My parents make it a point that I don’t get wet in rain even for a minute in the fear of cold or fever. So at least to enjoy rain I should come to office. I forgot to mention something……..I’ve got infected with cold and every body doubt whether I am talking through my nose……..But still I am waiting for the next outpour of rain……….
1 comment:
Drenched in your post "RAIN"! Great work! Good sense of exclamation and awesome explanation.
I may copy for my blog if needed... ha ha ha! just joking....
Post a Comment